The Filer City Council will hold a regular city council meeting on Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 at 6:00PM in the council chambers.
- Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
- Declaration of a quorum
- Amend the Agenda, if necessary
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Bills for the Month of January 2019
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Treasurer’s Report for the Month of January 2019 & 1st Quarter Treasurer’s Report for month ending December 31, 2018 and fiscal year ending September 30, 2019
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Minutes of the Regular City Council Meetings held January 2nd and 15th 2019 & Special City Council Meeting held January 22, 2019
- Consent Agenda:
- Police Report - Christina Hatch / Jeff Troumbley
- Fire Report - Bud Compher
- Street Report - Sam Callen / Joe Baratti
- Water Report - Gary Deitrick / Joe Baratti
- Sewer Report - Gary Deitrick / Joe Baratti
- Library Report - Candise Ramsey / Donna Lineberry
- P&Z Report - Christina Hatch
- PUBLIC HEARING: Idaho Power Substation Special Use Permit Application 2296 E 3950 N-Items listed as public hearings allow citizen comment on the subject matter before the Council. Residents or visitors wishing to comment upon the item before the Council should follow the procedural steps. In order to testify, individuals must sign up in advance, providing sufficient information to allow the Clerk to properly record their testimony in the official record of the City Council. Hearing procedures call for presentation by the applicant, submission of information from City staff, and is followed by public testimony. The rules for testifying include the following: applicant will have 15 minutes to present their project; testimony by the public will be limited to 3 minutes per person. Testimony at public hearings on applications brought forth from the Planning & Zoning Commission can be used to reaffirm previous testimony. This time is for comments. It is not a question / answer debate time.
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Idaho Power Substation Special Use Permit Application at 2296 E 3950 N
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Drawdown & Progress Report #12 – Kathy Uker
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Drug Dog for Filer Police Department
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Presentation of 2018 Audit Report
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Approval of Kennel License for Wendy Thomas at 304 North Street
- Citizen's Input:No person shall be permitted to speak from a location other than the public podium. This section of the agenda is reserved for citizens wishing to address the City Council regarding City related issue. In order to ensure adequate public notice, Idaho Law provides that any item requiring action from the Council must be placed on the agenda for an upcoming Council meeting, unless there are emergency circumstances. Comments related to future public hearing should be held for that public hearing. Persons wishing to speak will have 3 minutes. Comments regarding performance by city employees are inappropriate at this time and should be directed to the Mayor, either by subsequent appointment or after tonight’s meeting if time permitting. The City Council does not take any action or make any decisions during public comment.
- Executive Session: Certain City-related matters may need to be discussed confidentially as a matter of law subject to applicable legal requirements; the Council may enter executive session to discuss such matters under Idaho Code 74-206:
- 74-206(1)(b) To consider the evaluation, dismissal or disciplining of, or to hear complaints or charges brought against, a public officer, employee, staff member or individual agent, or public school student
- 74-206(1)f) To communicate with legal counsel for the public agency to discuss the legal ramifications of and legal options for pending litigation, or controversies not yet being litigated but imminently likely to be litigated. The mere presence of legal counsel at an executive session does not satisfy this requirement
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Decision to made if necessary from Executive Session
Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the above noticed meeting please contact the Filer City Office at 326-5000 at least two business days prior to the meeting.