The Filer City Council will hold a regular city council meeting on Tuesday, May 15th, 2018 at 7:30PM in the council chambers.
- Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
- Declaration of a quorum
- Amend the Agenda, if necessary
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Remaining bills for the Month of April 2018
- Western Waste Scholarship Presentation – Marlee Erickson
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Permission for outdoor band May 25th at the Venture Inn – Nikki Kestler
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Approval of Library Board appointment for Donna Lineberry as Chairperson
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Arsenic Project Administration Contract presentation – Kathy Uker
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Farmer’s Market – Penny Crawford
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Approval of Kennel License for 1009 6th Street
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Designation of ICRMP Risk Manager for City of Filer
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Strategic Planning - Canidse Ramsey
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Sidewalk Grants – Candise Ramsey
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Approval of Ordinance #616 – Lot Line Adjustments
- DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Filer Rural Fire District Fee Waiver
- Citizen's Input:No person shall be permitted to speak from a location other than the public podium. This section of the agenda is reserved for citizens wishing to address the City Council regarding City related issue. In order to ensure adequate public notice, Idaho Law provides that any item requiring action from the Council must be placed on the agenda for an upcoming Council meeting, unless there are emergency circumstances. Comments related to future public hearing should be held for that public hearing. Persons wishing to speak will have 3 minutes. Comments regarding performance by city employees are inappropriate at this time and should be directed to the Mayor, either by subsequent appointment or after tonight’s meeting if time permitting. The City Council does not take any action or make any decisions during public comment.
- Executive Session – DISCUSSION – ACTION ITEM: Certain City-related matters may need to be discussed confidentially as a matter of law subject to applicable legal requirements; the Council may enter executive session to discuss such matters under Idaho Code 74-206(1):
- 74-206(1)f) To communicate with legal counsel for the public agency to discuss the legal ramifications of and legal options for pending litigation, or controversies not yet being litigated but imminently likely to be litigated. The mere presence of legal counsel at an executive session does not satisfy this requirement
- 74-206(1) (b) To consider the evaluation, dismissal or disciplining of, or to hear complaints or charges brought against, a public officer, employee, staff member or individual agent, or public school student
Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the above noticed meeting please contact the Filer City Office at 326-5000 at least two business days prior to the meeting.