The Filer City Council is the governmental body the oversees the functions of City. The City Council is made up of four city council members and the city mayor. Each City Council Member is in charge of a certain function for the city. Below is a list of each member of the city council and which branch they oversee:
THE FILER CITY COUNCIL WILL BE HOLDING A PUBLIC HEARING AND REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2014 AT 7:30 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS.
1. Open the meeting and declaration of a quorum.
2. Amend the agenda, if necessary.
3.PLEASE NOTE: No comments or input regarding the recent shooting will be heard. There is an investigation going on and we will address it when the investigation is complete.
4. PUBLIC HEARING-for the purpose of hearing public comments regarding a proposed increase in water system and wastewater system capacity fees.
5. RESOLUTION 601-a resolution establishing water and wastewater rates and charges, including an increase in water system and wastewater system capacity fees. Water system capacity fee: $2,214/ERU (Equivalent Residential Unit), and Wastewater system capacity fee: $3,047/ERU.
6. Logan Hamilton, Logan’s Market-questions regarding proposed future expansion.
7. Library Board Member Nomination
8. Discuss plans for Arbor Day and Filer Fun Days.
9.) EXECUTIVE SESSION: per I.C. 67-2345 (1) To consider the evaluation, dismissal or
disciplining of, or to hear complaints or charges brought against, a public officer,
employee, staff member, individual agent or public school student. AND per I.C. 67-2345
(1) to communicate with legal counsel for the public agency to discuss the legal
ramifications of and legal options for pending litigation, or controversies not yet being
litigated but imminently likely to be litigated. The mere presence of legal counsel at an
executive session does not satisfy this requirement.
9. Adjourn the meeting.
ANY PERSON NEEDING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ABOVE NOTICED MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT THE FILER CITY OFFICE, 326-5000, AT LEAST TWO BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING.